Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday, October 11- Fall Tour

HACKY-SACK!: The first words I heard on my 1st Bel Canto tour. Also the 1st words on this page! Whether these 1st words are a premonition of many 1sts to come on this tour of the Bel, I am sure this is only the beginning of a great experience.

I’m sure, journal, that the group would agree on one thing: watching Bradley’s little Lucca wave “bye” to us was the most precious little send off. And Alvin, the ever popular bus driver, led us in his unique style to the road heading us to Kansas City, where we would have our 1st concert. (And I hear everything’s up to date there!)

So I suppose I would start this off by saying: we got shoes, we got robes and harps, but right now, we’re using our super wings! We’re flying away. I guess I look at it as our first flight- away out to spread the word. We fly! On to bigger and better things in Kansas City!

“I couldn’t find my socks. So I called information. They told me they were behind the couch.” This was a "joke" Bradley told upon entry in Kansas City. “I was just trying to keep up with some of the joke telling,” he said. I’m afraid that’s not the 1st time I’ve heard a joke from Bradley!

And now we sit in Kansas City. Things are similar though, not much up to date. A slight disappointment. And after our 1st concert at Rainbow Mennonite Church, I believe our group is off to a mighty good start. I may not have found my pot ‘o’ gold, but the group sure found wings tonight in our music. And as a group, I think we’re off to the 1st home stays and the beginning of getting to know each other better. I was also encouraged by the open sharing in our circle tonight.

Who knows where the hacky-sack may take us, now that our journey is begun, but all things considered, Bel has “pealed” out for an awesome tour to remember forever. I can’t say it for everybody, but from my experience, host parents have been incredible! And now I know we are truly blessed to be with this group of people. May this pen never fail us, our voice never leave us, God ever lead us, and love be still near us. To “heaben” and not beyond! After the amazingness of our 1st hosts, we’re on to 2nd helpings. Amen and peace out!

~Tara Harms-Becker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.