Thursday, October 18, 2007

Friday, October 12- Fall Tour

Dear Diary,

How are you? I am good. I am not a man of many words. Today we rode on the bus. Tonight we had a concert. Now I am tired, so I will go to sleep. It was a good day. Love, Drew.

Would Bethany not be in charge of this journal, I would stop here. But Bethany’s wrath scares me. And so I write on. This morning we departed from Kansas City around 7:30 a.m. and headed east for the beautiful land of Schaumburg, IL. After driving for about 30 minutes we pulled over to pick up our long-lost 6’1” alto Kory who had previous engagements which had delayed her. I could not help but feel exuberant that the whole group was now together. All of the puzzle pieces were there and we were coming together as one to form a beautiful image of worship. Let me paint you a mental picture. We have the corners who are easy to find and form the basis for the puzzle: Bradley, Ken, Alvin the bus driver, and Caleb, just because he’s kind of square. The edge pieces are all of the veteran singers in the group who hold us together. And finally, the rest of the middle pieces who each add their own part to complete the puzzle and form a pretty image with our dashing looks. We even have the one broken piece (Mitchell Stutzman) that you normally find in the box, but he still fits even though he can’t put his own socks on by himself due to his torn meniscus.When we come together we are truly the image and voices of God and we create a beautiful worship experience, like we did tonight at Christ Community Mennonite Church, even after 10 hours of travel. We had yet another great performance in a renovated barn in the suburbs of Chicago, and I left with the satisfaction of connecting with another group of people. Safe travel, successful performance, and now I am staying at the house of a pretty girl. What a truly great day indeed.

Love,

Drew

No comments: